Understanding Indramat Power Supply Modules
20 September, 2023
Indramat was a pioneer in offering motion control systems during its time. A motion control system essentially comprises a motor, a control, a drive as well and a power supply module from the manufacturer. The power supply module from Indramat can be used only with the manufacturer’s motion control systems and delivers the required output DC power for the drive.
It is possible to use a single power supply module to supply the required power to multiple drives. However, it must be ensured that the cumulative output power of all the drives must never be more than the continuous mechanical power of the power supply module. The fault codes of a power supply module may be color-coded depending on its type.
Different Types of Indramat Power Supply Modules
There are different types of Indramat power supply modules with varying specifications to meet various output power requirements. The key power supply modules offered by Indramat are listed below.
- TVM power supply modules – These modules can deliver power for up to six servo drives at a time. The total continuous output power of the drives must not exceed 4.1kW.
- TVR power supply modules – These modules can deliver power for a maximum of 10 main and servo drives. The total continuous output power of the drives must not be more than 12kW.
- TVD power supply modules – There are two types of these modules. Both types can power up to 10 servo drives at a time. One type requires that the total continuous output power of the drives is not over 6kW. The other type supports a higher total continuous output power of 12kW of the drives.
- KVR power supply modules – These modules have the ability to power up to 10 main and servo drives. The total continuous output power of the drives must not exceed 24kW.
- KDV power supply modules – These modules are similar to the KVR modules and can render power for up to 10 main and servo drives. The total continuous output power of the drives must not be more than 24kW.
What is the function of the power rectifier in the Indramat power supply module?
All Indramat power supply modules are equipped with power rectifiers. These rectifiers are responsible for converting the AC line voltage to a DC bus voltage for supplying the drives with the required power. The signal voltage transmission to the drive is done through a wire-ribbon cable.
Does the power supply module encompass monitoring functions?
Yes, the power supply module, irrespective of its type, comes with a wide range of monitoring functions. These functions help the drive to perform as intended. When there is an operation error, the drive power supply gets cut off immediately if needed.
You can rely on Wake Industrial to address any issue related to your power supply module. Although these parts are no longer being made, our team has the required skill and expertise to handle obsolete parts and fix your problem. We can also help you find replacements if needed from our inventory.